Getting Animated With Sarah--Official Feedback and Suggestions Thread

Getting Animated With Sarah--Official Feedback and Suggestions Thread

Secret Identity
Administrator
Hi All,

Since Sarah will be joining us for fairly regular animation segments, we wanted to put up a thread here for everyone to discuss shows we've done segments on, or give us suggestions about what you'd like to see. Fire away!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Getting Animated With Sarah--Official Feedback and Suggestions Thread

Mdaddio 2 The Next Gen.
Anime? or animation?
As for anime, after watching Attack on Titan, i went in search of as much good stuff as i could. I always thought anime was dumb cartoons, with big eyed girls, and heads exploding in a cartoon way when they got surprised.
After Attack on Titan though i was pleasently surprised that at 41 i have discovered a whole new medium for intelligent and good stories.
I would recommend Monster. It is a great story, but a little difficult to explain. Check it out, it is close to 50 episodes, and even the filler episodes tie in. Also Death Note is great. about a boy who finds a notebook that whoevers name is written in it will die.
I am sure those familiar with anime will already have seen those, but for those who haven't, they are great.
I started with the fairly well known titles, and am starting down the list to lesser known ones, or so i assume.
Also my daughter is making fun of me because she thinks as i did. And heard me for years saying i would never watch them.

Re: Getting Animated With Sarah--Official Feedback and Suggestions Thread

Mdaddio 2 The Next Gen.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. How is Bleach?

Re: Getting Animated With Sarah--Official Feedback and Suggestions Thread

airsblue
This post was updated on .
Hello  Mdaddio 2 The Next Gen.

Your tastes so far lean towards the supernatural.

"Bleach" starts out good, but this kind of series with over 300 episodes is too much for me.

I have watch some of the following and you will probably like them.

"Shakugan No Shana" - a young man finds out that demons consume people.  The good guys replace the dead with fakes until the living forget the dead ever existed.  The young man finds out he is a fake, having been killed some time ago.

"Red Data Girl" - the data is a god who can inhabit certain people.  The data wants to die, but other forces are at work.

"Fairy Tail" - in a world different from our own, a young woman joins the magical guild Fairy Tail.  One of its members was raised by a dragon and has fire powers and a cat with wings who is funny.  A series with hundreds of episodes.

I like sci-fi.

There has not been a season two of "Baccano."  I made up the difference by watching the combination of "Boardwalk Empire," "Helix," and "Forever."

"Project Blue: Earth SOS."  A short one that captures the American 50s sci-fi, alien invaders vibe.  It gets darker the longer it goes on.

I have started "Last Exile - Fam, Silver Wing."  Fam is part of a sky pirate town trying to survive post-apocalypse Earth.  The bad guy want to take back land seized by invaders.  The toughest of which are in Glacies.  I was watching the subtitled version with some guys and we decided the Glaciers were speaking some kind of Russian.
Fam allies herself with a princess of one lands taking by the bad guy in the first two episodes.  An opening two episodes just as strong as "Attack on Titan's."
War is made using fleets of dirigibles.  Except for the Glaciers who, in a mismatch of technology, use rocket planes.
Poetry on the show has power.
"That which is born from the blue surface of water.
A single word, a single thought.
May our serenity be everlasting."

RahXephon.  A young man learns that the city he has been living in is not the last of humanity as he thought.  His city is actually under the control of aliens.  Only he can pilot RahXephon to battle the invaders.
A civilization based on clay technology?  Jupiter is on the surface of the Earth and the planet does not explode?
You will like how there is a character who speaks in riddles, but there is a guy right there who knows what it means.
It would be good if you had watched the movie "Spirited Away" so you would be familiar with that concept.
It would be good if you knew something about musical notes.  How sound makes different materials vibrate.

Re: Getting Animated With Sarah--Official Feedback and Suggestions Thread

Secret Identity
Administrator
Some shows/movies I'd like to chat about with Sarah:

-Vixen
-Young Justice
-One Punch Man
-Voltron
-GI Joe

These are just off the top of my head, so I'm sure I'll add to the list.

Wayne
After your review of issue #109 I think you should do an all G.I. Joe episode.  Talk about the toys, comics, movies, cartoons and about how completely underrated the animated movie was.  YO JOE!

I like that idea...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Getting Animated With Sarah--Official Feedback and Suggestions Thread

Secret Identity
Administrator
In the next episode of SI, Sarah will be discussing the new Netflix Voltron series.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic