Non Profit Organization

12

Non Profit Organization

Dumerill
This post was updated on .
Comics for Christmas is a non-profit organization dedicated to giving the joy of reading comic books to kids in need, or children who may have never experienced what is like to hold a comic book in their hands. Our mission is to visit children's hospitals, orphanages, schools, low income areas and many other places and events where kids may be and give them the gift of free comic books.
   We've started to buy and collect comics since the beginning of 2011 and we give them away throughout the year in various events. My wife and I decided we wanted to do something for kids, and what better thing to do than give the gift of comic books! Most of the comics we give away are bought by my wife and I, but there's always good people out there who give us a helping hand and donate, being from their own collections or comics they bought specifically for our organization. We can't begin to tell you how much we apreciate your support!!!
   This is only the beginning of our journey, so come along with us on this ride and help us bring a smile to kids who may feel like nobody cares about them. Let's be real heroes for once!!! Let's make this Christmas one that they'll never forget! With your help and support I KNOW we'll make this dream a reality. Thank you and God bless!

"Do or do not, there is no try."-Jedi Master Yoda

Re: Non Profit Organization

Wayne
I would be glad to donate some figures or trades.

Re: Non Profit Organization

Secret Identity
Administrator
Matt and I will donate, and we'll do whatever we can to get the word out.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Non Profit Organization

Browncoat1
I would be happy to donate some comics and even some action figures to the cause.
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."

Re: Non Profit Organization

Dumerill
This post was updated on .
As you all might now by now, about two (2) years ago we created a non-profit organization called Comics For Christmas through which we try to bring joy to kids around Christmas time via the magic of comic books but his year, we decided to take our mission even further than that; we're sending comics to our troops overseas! Since the idea of Comics For Christmas sparked inside my brain, we've been buying comic books from various avenues and we've also bought some of them in bulk, without really knowing what to expect. Well, as you might have expected, we've picked up around two (2) thousand comics that aren't appropriate for kids due to their content.

A few days ago while at work, I began to think of a way I could give all those Teen+ and Adult oriented comics to someone who'd appreciate them. Then it hit me like a speeding locomotive, why don't we send them to our troops overseas??? Immediately I called my wife and we began to look into it, trying to find out how we could go about doing something like this. After a few minutes browsing the website, we found what we were looking for; Operation Comix Relief!

After browsing the website for a bit, I remembered that I talk to this people a few months back at the VA ComicCon and really liked the idea, but completely forgot about it. We'll, now I remembered and as of now, we have two boxes filled with 500-600 comics each ready to be sent to our troops! It's going to be a little expensive to send this to them but guess what, they're worth it!

If you have a chance, please visit their website at: http://www.operationcomixrelief.org/index.php

"Do or do not, there is no try."-Jedi Master Yoda

Re: Non Profit Organization

Trevor (lungs)
Ok we're shipping books this week. remind me again on what you are looking for? children friendly right? how about a single issue in a story arch?

Re: Non Profit Organization

Dumerill
This post was updated on .
"Do or do not, there is no try."-Jedi Master Yoda

Re: Non Profit Organization

Trevor (lungs)
Hey man i've had a small stack in my truck for the last couple weeks. I want to get them to the post office.

Here's the deal. I have a long box and a half worth of comics i wanted to give to a local kid. He hasn't responded to my emails. I'll donate them all to you if you can (help) cover postage. We'll have to see how much it costs. might not be worth the price.

Re: Non Profit Organization

Dumerill
This post was updated on .
"Do or do not, there is no try."-Jedi Master Yoda

Re: Non Profit Organization

Trevor (lungs)
sweet. So like i said it's going to be a long box and a half. at what point will postage be to much. just so i know where to limit it if i need to.

Re: Non Profit Organization

Dumerill
This post was updated on .
To learn about our non-profit organization Comics For Christmas visit: http://www.truthfulcomics.com/comics-for-christmas.html

Thanx!

"Do or do not, there is no try."-Jedi Master Yoda

Re: Non Profit Organization

Trevor (lungs)
so my progress is slow but there is progress. I've taken all the comics out of their bags and boards and put them all in 2 shipping boxes.

Re: Non Profit Organization

Dumerill
This post was updated on .
We at it again! Already preparing for our upcoming Comics For Christmas event on July 6-7 at the Book Exchange in Norfolk, VA.

"Do or do not, there is no try."-Jedi Master Yoda

Re: Non Profit Organization

Wayne
I have a box of trades that I can send you.  Are you taking action figures too?  Because I can send a few of those, opened and played with.

Re: Non Profit Organization

Dumerill
Thats perfect Wayne! Trades are awesome because kids can read a longer story. Toys, I don't want to give anything but comics and trades because I want to introduce kids to the magic of comics, toys thu
They'll find on their own. Thank you so much Wayne.

Re: Non Profit Organization

Dumerill
This post was updated on .
Just All Ages comics, figures would get complicated.
"Do or do not, there is no try."-Jedi Master Yoda

Re: Non Profit Organization

Trevor (lungs)
put two short boxes in the mail.

Re: Non Profit Organization

Dumerill
This post was updated on .
Thanks Trevor!
"Do or do not, there is no try."-Jedi Master Yoda

Re: Non Profit Organization

Trevor (lungs)
hey man that looks great!!

Re: Non Profit Organization

Dumerill
This post was updated on .
Here's around 50 comics we'll be giving away to a bunch of kids throughout VA. As of today we've given out around 10,000 FREE comics through our non-profit organization Comics For Christmas, and we ain't planning on stopping anytime soon.