What other podcasts do you listen to?

Brian H (Skull Daddy)
I have a boring job that allows me to listen to podcasts all day while I work. While SI is at the top of my list for podcasts that I listen to every week, I have a few dozen others that I listen to as well. I was just curious, other than Secret Identity, what podcasts does everyone listen to or recommend.

For me it's mostly Comics, Disney (I'm a Disney nerd too), Movies, Comedy podcasts, and a few oddball ones that I'm trying out here and there (lately I've added a few sports podcast).

Comics:
Secret Identity
iFanboy
Comic Geek Speak
Vox in a Box X-Men Comic Book Show!
The Uncanny X-Cast
Cultural Wormhole

Disney:
Inside the Magic
WDW Today
Wedway Radio
The DIS Unplugged

Movies:
How Did This Get Made?
Star Wars Minute
The /Filmcast
Widescreen Warrior.com

Comedy:
Doug Loves Movies
NPR Programs: Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me!
WTF with Marc Maron

Miscellaneous:
This Week in Tech
NBC Nightly News

I know that's a lot, but there's actually more. I'm leaving out the ones that I'm just trying out, or are on the fence that I might drop them.

"The Star Wars Minute" was the podcast that got me curious about what other people are listening to in the first place. I was wondering if Wayne had heard it, and what he thought about a show where they break down the movie Star Wars one minute at a time. I enjoy it, but was wondering what a hardcore SW fan would think.

So what else doe everyone listen to and recommend?
All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific.

Re: What other podcasts do you listen to?

Trevor (lungs)
I'm a bit light on podcasts these days.  You have some interesting ones on there i want to check out.

I listen/watch these regularly.
SI
This week in tech.
Toy break (show about designer toys that i don't buy but they are fun people to watch)
frame rate (show about cord cutting. I only listen to the first half.)

casts i don't listen to regularly.
Ifanboy (comic reviews)
only the valiant (valiant comics only)
What's on joe mind (gi joe)

I've been hitting audio books hard. I would recommend hitting up the library or audible.com. Listening to "the power of habit" right now just finished the first book of game of thrones

Re: What other podcasts do you listen to?

Wayne
Brian H (Skull Daddy) wrote
"The Star Wars Minute" was the podcast that got me curious about what other people are listening to in the first place. I was wondering if Wayne had heard it, and what he thought about a show where they break down the movie Star Wars one minute at a time. I enjoy it, but was wondering what a hardcore SW fan would think.
I've never heard of this one before, but I just bookmarked it.  Sounds interesting.  Nice find.

I've dropped a lot of podcasts recently.  I just don't have the time.

Geek Out Loud
Rebel Force Radio (Formerly Forcecast)
The Star Wars Report
Star Wars Underworld
The Gamma Quadrant (a Deep Space Nine podcast that is going through the who series one episode at a time.)

Re: What other podcasts do you listen to?

Secret Identity
Administrator
Here's my current lineup of podcasts:

Writing:
The Creatrive Penn

Comedy:
Walking the room
The Comedy Button
TOFOP

Games:
Giant Bombcast
Podcast Beyond
Rebel FM

Other:
Welcome to Night Vale--amazing Twin Peaks-like podcast
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: What other podcasts do you listen to?

Secret Identity
Administrator
I figured I'd update my list of podcasts for 2016:

Gaming
From Us to You
Giant Bombcast
Giant Beastcast
Rebel FM
PS I Love You XOXO
Kinds Funny Gamescast
8-4 Play
Game Informer Show

Comics
Comic Racks Snarkcast
Less than Live with Kate or Die

Music
Thrash it Out (*my podcast--Antony does such a great job with production I actually listen to the eps after we record them)
Eddie Trunk Podcast

Pop Culture
The Incomparable
Unjustly Maligned
Don't Read the Comments

Movies
How Did This Get Made
Cruisin Together

Horror
No Sleep podcast
Welcome to Nightvale
Courting Casualties
Pseudopod
Lore

Writing
The Creative Penn
Rocking Self-Publishing
Successful Author Podcast

Comedy
Lady to Lady
Do You Need a Ride?

Other
Black Tapes Podcast
Tanis
Serial

This list changes frequently, and I'm always sampling new podcasts.

Thinking Sideways - A podcast about unexplained mysteries.
Big Finish/Doctor Who - It's not a podcast but the audio dramas they create have replaced a lot of podcasts I used to listen.

I'm definitely gonna check out Thinking Sideways.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: What other podcasts do you listen to?

airsblue
"Talking TV With Ryan and Ryan" http://talkingtvwithryanandryan.libsyn.com/rss
        Typically watch six episodes before something airs.  Updates on airing shows.
        Comment on the industry.  Not spoiler heavy.
        An episode has a list of topics with times marked so you can zero in on something in particular.

Ones that I listen to now and then.

"Security Now (MP3)" http://feeds.twit.tv/sn.xml

"Typically Hazardous w. Hank Fortener" http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:2650274/sounds.rss
        Unusual one for me.  Seeks inspiration and meaning from religion.
        "‘Typically Hazardous’ is Webster’s definition of adventure. This podcast is about the insight,
        inspiration and information for the adventures we all live. Join me as we adventure together in
        this wonderfully typically hazardous life."

"A Cast of Kings - A Game of Thrones Podcast" Http://feeds.feedburner.com/castofkings
        Recently went through season one.

"We Have Concerns" https://simplecast.com/podcasts/1041/rss
        Two comedians talk about one news subject and improv.

"Nocturne" http://www.nocturnepodcast.org/feed/podcast
        True stories that happened at night.

"GeekNights with Rym + Scott" http://feeds.feedburner.com/GeekNights

"Reviewed Podcast" http://lucky9studios.com/reviewedpodcast/reviewedpodcast_feed.xml
        Reviews classic movies.  Now getting into the early 2000s.

".NET Rocks!" http://feeds.feedburner.com/netRocksFullMp3Downloads

"Out of the Blue" http://geeknation.com/podcast-feed/out-of-the-blue
        Interview show with actor David Blue.

"The Colin McEnroe Show" http://wnpr.org/podcasts/48/rss.xml
        Connecticut public radio.  Variety of topics.

"The Nerdist" http://nerdist.libsyn.com/rss

"The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast" http://gooberzilla.libsyn.com/rss

"The Infinite Monkey Cage" http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00snr0w/episodes/downloads.rss

Waiting for the return of:
"Big Problems - An Advice Podcast" http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:143220674/sounds.rss
"The Tobolowsky Files" http://feeds.feedburner.com/tobolowskyfiles
"Mystery Show" HTTP://Feeds.gimletmedia.com/mysteryshow
"Hacked" http://www.hackedpodcast.com/feed/podcast